Monday, March 17th



 A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.  Proverbs 17:10

The word reproof means to criticize or blame.  In this verse, we understand that if we are wise, it shouldn't take shouting, spanking, or grounding to get our attention.  As godly young women, the only thing that we should need when we are wrong is just verbal correction.  However, that's not always the case, is it?  In fact, when I was your age, that was far from the case.  I wasn't a bad girl, per say.  Quite the opposite actually.  I was obedient and I did my best to honor my mother.  However, when I was wrong (and I was..ALL THE TIME!), I wasn't easily corrected.  I hated to be wrong, no matter what the issue was about.  In fact, there were times when I knew I was wrong, but I'd argue just for the sake of arguing.  I was foolish and hardheaded.  

We should all be willingly corrected, and to be honest, as we grow in Christ, we should more and more easily corrected.  Parents do not expect perfect kids; needing to correct them is part of training.  But, when kids and teens refuse correction, it becomes wearisome.  

Girls, ask the Lord today to give you a teachable spirit and a correctable attitude.  It will definitely be to your benefit to learn to be more yielding to the authority in your life.


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 17

Matthew 2

1 comment:

  1. I would hope it can be said of me that I have a very teachable spirit.

    ReplyDelete