Wednesday, March 12th

 I wait for the Lord , my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.  Psalm 130:5

This week has sure been a week of waiting!  Of course, we're all ready for Skylee to make her appearance, and so waiting has been very difficult for all of us.  But, I began contemplating just how impatient we are.  Not just for things like births but other things.  We are certainly a "give it to me NOW" people, aren't we? But, I realized something this week.  Just as getting impatient for my sweet granddaughter didn't get her moving any quicker, neither does it rush my Heavenly Father when I try to hurry Him up!  

It's so easy to talk the lingo of trusting God's timing or allowing the Lord to have His way, but living that is much harder.  We must wait on the Lord not only for the good things in our lives (like the birth of my Skylee Rae!), but sometimes we have to wait for the timing of God's working in other areas of our lives, too.

What ways might you be waiting for the Lord's timing?

1.) Deliverance from something that has plagued you for longer than you think you should have had to deal with it.  Think of Paul in II Corinthians 12:8, For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.  This could involve a physical ailment or perhaps something that you've tried unsuccessfully to have victory over.

2.) God's will to be shown in your life.  Sometimes we want to see the big picture , but we aren't doing so well with even the little snapshots God's showing us.

3.)  We want what we want....and we want it now!  What if it's not God's will?  Do you still want what you're praying for if it's not His plan?  None of us would answer that we want our way in spite of our way being against God's way, so why do we pout when we don't get the answer we are looking for?  Simply because we know with our heads God knows best; but, we don't always believe that with our hearts.

Scripture Reading for the Day:


Proverbs 12
Revelation 19

1 comment:

  1. Wow I struggle with being impatient sometimes.I need to learn to not try to rush God

    ReplyDelete