Monday, December 2nd

By this time, you've probably made a wish list for your parents or other loved one who'd like to buy you something that you'd really like for Christmas.  That's part of the fun of Christmas---the excitement of knowing you have a surprise.  Receiving a gift shouldn't be our focus though.  Giving gifts to others during Christmas is a tradition that helps to remind us that we should be putting others ahead of ourselves.  You probably already have some idea of what you'll get for your mom....your friend...your grandma, maybe.  But, what will your gift to Christ be?  After all, this month's celebration is in His honor.  "That's silly, Mrs. Kim.  Jesus isn't here--- I can't give Him anything."  Oh, but can't you??  Consider the classic poem by Christina Rossetti:

What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb,
If I were a wise man
I would do my part.
Yet what can I give Him?
Give my heart.
 
This Christmas, give God your heart; not just a portion but the whole.  Give Him all of yourself to be used for His glory and service. 

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 2
II Corinthians 10

1 comment:

  1. It is true that Jesus is the real reason for the season the least we could do is give him our heart!

    ReplyDelete