Thursday, December 5th

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

I'm so thankful today that as a Christian, I have Someone that I can go to with any problem I have, big or small, and know that He cares.  If you're like me though, many times going to the Savior with my troubles is the last thing I consider.  I've often wondered why that is!   As a child of the King, I know, according to Scripture, that He cares, that He longs to answer my prayers, and that He ultimately knows best.  Perhaps that's the biggest part of our battle: we know in our hearts that He does know best, and we're afraid of what that answer might be. 

A counselor is someone who gives advice or guidance, and I'm so thankful today that we have a God Who cares about every detail of our lives---Whose counsel is indeed the perfect direction for us.  But, do we take advantage of having our own personal Counselor?  We absolutely should be!  We listen to high school counselors, college counselors, financial counselors...all kinds of counselors!  But, the Lord Jesus' counsel is far greater and certainly has more far-reaching consequences. 

Thank you, Lord, today that You are our Counselor and that You are faithful to direct our steps when we are careful to submit ourselves to Your leadership.


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 5
II Corinthians 12

No comments:

Post a Comment