Sunday, December 8th: Guest Writer, Mrs. Lois Ormsby




I wish as a single girl I hadn't felt the need to hear that I was ‘pretty or cute’ to make me actually feel pretty or cute. Sure, it's nice hearing my fiance tell me that (love it, not gonna lie), but it's such an insecurity of mine now, that it hurts when my fiance thinks another girl is pretty. That's so wrong. God made me exactly how I should look and He made my fiance for me; and I just wish every young woman I know knew how beautiful they are. You don't need a guy or anyone else to tell you that, because the most important man that will or ever has been in your life thinks you’re gorgeous.”

interesting way to start a devotion, isn’t it? :) One of my friends put this as her facebook status a while back, and it really caught my attention. So much so, that I wrote her and asked her if I could use her status in our blog-ministry sometime, and she said yes.

It is so, so good that this friend of mine is learning this before she is even married; that she is willing to share this thought with her own peers, encouraging them to be satisfied, content, and confident in the person that God has made them to be. What a great reminder, my dear girls, that we are indeed created in God’s image – think about that! God created everything else first, completely different than Him in every way…but then, when He made man, He said, “Let us make man in our image…” --- um, talk about a major privilege! The same is true for us ladies – I know Adam came first, but God made (and makes!) all humans in His image, male or female. God gave us His ability to think, to love, to rejoice…just to name a few! “But what about my huge nose, Miss Lois?” --- “God could have made my eyes just a little brighter!!!” These things come to our mind, because we are so concerned with how we look. But girls – does God make mistakes? Are you telling God that He messed up on you? Because, if we are discontent with how our physical appearance is, that is exactly what we are saying to God. Romans 9:20 tells us that: “Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?” Pretty harsh stuff, but it is true. Our culture tells us we have to be skinnier, prettier, have shinier hair, wear tighter clothes…but our culture also tells us that we are to live life for ourselves and no one else. I think we all know God’s Word enough to know that these philosophies are wrong - nowhere in Scripture do we find Biblical basis for ANY of that!

Today, girls, thank God for creating you in His image; then, spend some time pondering if you really grasp the fact that you are indeed made in the image of God!

Genesis 1:27 – “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 8
Galatians 2

No comments:

Post a Comment