Saturday, December 28th

I know all of you are just as excited as I am about camp Monday!  It's always such a spiritually-refreshing time together.  After camp, we normally come back closer as a group with a renewed determination to live for Christ.  You're making memories, girls, so cherish these few days with your youth group, and yield yourselves to the working of the Holy Spirit. 

In order for the Lord to work in us though, we need to be clean, willing vessels. 
Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24
 
To be spiritually refreshed, we have to be ready to hear from the Lord.  Is that the reason you are going to camp?  Believe me, girls, you will get out of camp what you are putting in to camp.  So, if you're going to scope out the guys, you'll certainly have a great time.  But, if there is a longing, even the faintest desire, for something deeper with the Lord...something real...then you have to prepare. 
 
1.) Ask God to reveal the things in your life that are hindering your spiritual growth.  Now, don't ask if you don't really want to know:-)
2.) Seek God for genuine change in your heart---not just a camp "experience" but a lasting, peace-filling difference.
3.) Bathe our whole group in prayer.  There may be some of our youth who've never been saved.  Pray that we will be drawn closer to the Lord and to one another.
4.) Commit yourself to being drama-free during camp.  One of the greatest hindrances to the Lord's conviction is that of peer pressure.  Leave the drama in the church parking lot.
 
You are my heartbeat, Beautiful Girls.
 


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 28
I Thessalonians 4

No comments:

Post a Comment