Monday, April 14th

Our Wednesday night teen club has been doing a "Wonder of God's Creation" series, and I have to say that it's been incredible.  I have literally been in awe of the majesty and intricacy of God's creation.  

What caught my ear in the last session was the lesson on the hummingbird.  My mother always loved hummingbirds, so I guess I'm already a little bit infatuated with them.  But, I truly had no idea of the magnificence of the tiny little bird.  Did you know that a hummingbirds' heart beats 21 times in 1 single second?  What I found simply wonderful though is the coloring of their breast feathers.  It often appears that the feathers themselves are irridescent.  But, this isn't actually the case.  The appearance of the feathers' color is dependent upon the angle of the light shining on the bird.  Isn't that the same with us?  We don't have any beauty of our own; we truly don't.  The Scriptures tell us that the very best we can do is so far from the mark of God's righteousness.  However, when the light of the glory of the Lord shines upon us, it gives us an irridescent glow.  When the world looks at you from various angles, is the glow of Jesus showing on your face and in your attitude?  During the wonderful times of our lives, it's very easy for the Lord's glory to shine through.  But, what about when the world looks at you from the angle of your heartache and sadness?  Does the light of the glory of God shine iridescently then, too?  It should, and by God's grace, it can.

Scripture Reading for the Day:
Proverbs 14
Mark 1

1 comment:

  1. I pray that the light of the Lord with always shine from me!

    ReplyDelete