Thursday, April 10th

To satisfy my curiosity, I did a survey among random guys to find their best and worst character traits in a lady.  Not surprisingly, their answers lined up pretty well with Scripture.  You see, what the guys listed as undesirable traits is already listed as undesirable by the Lord in His holy Word.  Although my motivation in doing this survey wasn't to "prove God right", that is exactly what my research did.  

The top two offending characteristics in my survey were dishonesty and pride.  Not surprisingly, those two traits also top God's list.  What about the best traits in a girl though?  We covered that in the survey as well.


One of the things I found when I looked at the guys' answers was that they all listed some form of "kindness" as one of their top 5.  Not all of them used the word "kindness"; some used words like "friendly" and "loving", but you get the idea.   Now, what about God's list?  Is kindness listed anywhere in God's top 5?  Mmmmm-hmmmm.  You bet it is.


 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.  Proverbs 31:26


 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.  Ephesians 4:32

There are many more references to "kindness" in Scripture, and I would encourage you to do a word study to see how often kindness is actually linked to the character of God.  Even so, it is a trait God would like to grow in his children, too.  How do I know that?  Galatians 5:22-23 lists "gentleness" as a fruit of the Spirit.  Gentleness and kindness are two different words, but they have similar meanings.  I have found that the two go hand-in-hand.  I don't find myself being kind without being gentle, and for sure, there is no gentleness apart from kindness.

So, girls, when you're thinking about what to put on today, try on an outfit of kindness.  I think you'll find it matches just about everything;-)  


Scripture Reading for the Day:
Proverbs 10
Matthew 25

3 comments:

  1. This is a great series, Mrs. Kim! Thanks for sharing what you have learned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Kind of cool that the way God designed us to be is the way He designed men to desire us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great lesson! It's been a while since I've been on the blog (I think close to 3 weeks!) and I'm glad to be back!

    ReplyDelete