Monday, February 3rd

We've all heard Pastor say that, "Bitterness is like drinking poison yourself and hoping someone else dies."  Having bitterness in your heart will always result in negative emotions for you.  But, bitterness doesn't start out that way.  At first, it starts out with just a small seed.  Perhaps hurt feelings or jealousy.  But, bitterness doesn't begin as full-blown hatred.  It's origin is within the word called "grudge".  A grudge is a persistent feeling of ill-will that is the result of a past insult or injury.  There are some people who have very forgiving spirits; they easily extend grace time and again.  Yet other people do not forgive easily.  They harbor and even nurse hard feelings.  But, girls, for our own emotional protection, we have to offer forgiveness.

1.)  Forgiveness is as much a gift to ourselves as it is to those who have hurt us.
2.)  We cannot expect others' or God's forgivenss (for which we need daily!!), if we are not willing to extend our forgiveness to others.  Mark 11:26.
3.)  It is not a suggestion.  God commands us to forgive.  Mark 11:25

Don't hold grudges, sweet girls.  



Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.  James 5:9


Scripture Reading for the Day:
Proverbs 3
James 5

3 comments:

  1. Thankfully... I do not really struggle with grudges, but there have been times that someone hurt me so badly it was harder to forgive.. I need to extend grace and forgiveness to all.. Like Jesus did for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really bad at forgiving people. It is a stubble for me and I need to pray and ask God to help me in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I occasionally have issues with holding grudges, and I pray that God will help me be able to forgive and forget

    ReplyDelete