Tuesday, February 11th

Most of you know that we've been paying careful attention to Mia, our little Pygmy goat.  Around 8 weeks ago, after feeling movement in her tummy, we were pretty much sure of her pregnancy.  What we didn't know though was when she was bred.  That meant we didn't know when to expect her to kid either.  Several times I was sure she was in labor---shows how little I know about goat pregnancies!  I have watched her carefully, going out into the rain and cold in the middle of the night.  The boys have teased me mercilessly about the night I really did think she was in labor.  In fact, every time we drive up into the driveway, Clay will casually say, "Oh, look, mama, Mia had her baby!"  He knows she hasn't, but he just loves to tease.  Tonight was no exception.  But, being in a hurry, I didn't stop to shine the lights on the pen, instead hurrying into the driveway.  After my chores for the evening were done though, I decided I better go out to check on her one last time before bedtime.  Kinley walked with me.  When we got closer to the pen, I could see a tiny little black and white baby goat.  Only an hour old at the most, his little umbilical cord was still wet.  I thought to myself, "Man!!  I missed it!"  But, as I began looking around, I realized this baby goat didn't belong to Mia but Bella, our older (really elderly, if you want to know the truth!) Nubian goat.  Kinley, wide-eyed with amazement, blurted out, "Mama!  We've been watching the wrong goat this whole time!!"  

I had spent weeks and weeks paying attention to the goat I felt like needed the most care.  Not that Bella didn't need care, too, but what I'd like for you to see is that our lives are much like this real-life circumstance.  We spend so much of our time concentrating our efforts on what we think is important, only to realize later that we totally missed the boat with our priorities.  I don't want to look back  years from now and say, "I was watching the wrong goat!"  What about you?  Have you got your eyes on goals that are God-inspired?  Is your time prioritized with The Lord first?

Much to think about indeed.
Scripture Reading for the Day:
Proverbs 11
II Peter 3

3 comments:

  1. This story made me laugh so hard - but it also is a very thought-provoking story that would apply in so many areas of life. Thank You, LORD, for Mia and Bella! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great example! :)

    ReplyDelete