Monday, January 13th: Guest Writer, Mrs. Lois Ormsby

To the Glory of God with our Time

“Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” ~ Ephesians 5:16

God has given us 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week.  He lets us decide how we use the time He has given to us.  But why can’t He just make us use our time wisely, Miss Lois?  Wouldn’t that be simpler?  Our human mind tells us that this makes sense.  However, the reason that God doesn’t make us do anything is because that would be because of His power that we do things and not because we love Him.  He gives us the choice because it helps us grow in our love for Christ.

“Redeeming” – that’s talking about using time wisely, buying back time we might be used to wasting, making our time count for something.  It is TOO easy to waste time – whether it’s watching TV, texting someone, reading novels, browsing Pinterest (oh that’s a hard one! Yes, for me too J ) or catching up with everyone on Facebook – the era we live in has all sorts of easy ways to waste time.  Now, notice, girls, none of the things I just mentioned are sins in and of themselves; but, when we do these things mindlessly, instead of spending our time on purpose, that’s when those things can become sin.

As a young single girl, you have prime time for yourself.  And this is not a bad thing!  God has given you these years to draw close to Him, to increase your abilities through learning, and to prepare yourself for adulthood.  To help determine how you should spend your time wisely, ask yourself:

-

What is something that I can learn now that will help me be a better wife someday? Cooking, housework, paperwork, finances…
-

What is something that I can learn now that will help me be a better mother someday? Health tips, wise money-spending, childcare…
-

What is something that I can learn now that will help me be a better Christian adult someday? Memorizing Scripture, daily walking with the Lord, helping around church on a weekly basis…

Each one of us can come up with more answers for these questions on our own.  Be specific!  Be adventurous!  And be courageouJ


Scripture Reading for the Day:


Proverbs 13

Titus 1

2 comments:

  1. As I get older I think about all the responsibilities that I will soon have to face. I have to start prioritizing my time so I can be a Godly woman and a good wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post! I have been beginning to realize how important it is to prioritize things and to make sure my time is being spent wisely

    ReplyDelete