Wednesday, January 15th

 In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.  Proverbs 14:26

It is such a comfort to me to know that with God as my Father, I always have a place to run where I am accepted and loved.  I don't always run to my Father as I should.  I am often stubborn and proud, and I shoulder burdens that my Savior never intended me to carry.  Still, what a comfort to rest in the security that He is my refuge.  This verse says that I'm not to be slightly confident; rather, I am to havve strong confidence.  This kind of confidence produces a calming peace and assurance even when your circumstances are not so peaceful.

Remember the key to this Bible promise:  In the fear of The Lord is strong confidence...
If you are not walking in the fear of The Lord, you have no reason to expect confidence and peace.  Don't wait until the storm to seek the Refuge.


Scripture Reading for the Day:


Proverbs 15

Titus 3

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the song that states, " when the storm around you rages and your tossed to and fro you can rest assured and be secured God is moving here right now, Stand still and let God move." What a blessing to know we don't have to carry our burden on our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is always there to bring us comfort when we feel all alone. We never have to face anything by ourselves because God is there with us to carry our burden.

    ReplyDelete