Monday, January 20th

IF
 
If the praise of man elates me and his blame depresses me;
If I cannot rest under misunderstanding without defending myself;
If I love to be loved more than to love,
     to be served more than to serve,
Then I know nothing of Calvary love.
~Amy Carmichael
 
Such a very small booklet really...but, oh the times I have bowed my head in conviction of its humbling words. 
 
 
Speaking of some in the Scriptures who believed but were fearful to confess Christ publicly, John 12:43 explains,
 
For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
 
Everyone wants to be liked and accepted, but when our desire for human praise and acceptance exceeds our desire for God's approval, we are walking in the flesh.  The Bible calls it "carnal". 
 
At the end of the day, it is to the King of kings that our knees should bow, not to the cry of what is socially acceptable.  I love you, girls.
 
 
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:


Proverbs 20
Hebrews 4
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks mom for this post! It was a great reminder of what our priorities should be. Love ya<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Mrs. Kim, you are so special to me!

    ReplyDelete