Tuesday, January 28th

Have you ever thanked God for taking your wrong decisions or wrong actions and making them right?  I am so very quick to forget the many times that my Savior has turned something that was 100% my fault, 100% bad into something that was a beautiful blessing to me.  Jesus is so loving, so compassionate that He promises to work in our lives, even when we fail Him constantly.  Consider this: 


And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28

And as if it isn't wonderful enough that He will turn our own mistakes into blessings, He will also transform the cruel, heartless actions of others into opportunities of growth in grace.  Consider Joseph.  His brothers, thoughtlessly selling him into slavery, certainly meant to do him harm.  But, God took their bad and used it for the good of Joseph and the whole nation of Israel.  

Girls, when I say that God works all things together for your good, I mean God works ALL things together for your good.  If you are mistreated---God's already using it to shape you into a reflection of Him.  If you have made a wrong decision---God's plan is already in action to transform that wrong decision.  Realize this though, you are not at liberty to act foolishly, purposely live contrary to God, or make bad decisions just to see God's miraculous power at hand; no, rather that would be tempting God.  

It's comforting to me to meditate on the simple promise that He is at work on my behalf, always ready to turn my sadness into joy for His glory.

Scripture Reading for the Day:
Proverbs 28
Hebrews 12

3 comments:

  1. That is SO comforting to hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, It is very calming to know that even my worst mistake ever can be taken by God and made into my greatest miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is comforting to know that God is there to turn our sadness into joy!

    ReplyDelete