Wednesday, January 1st

Yesterday's devotion topic covered facing an unknown future with a known God.  Ladies are notorious for fretful and anxious.  We worry about big things; we worry about small things. Sometimes we worry about what we're going to worry about!  So, it is comforting to  trust that although I can't actually see what my future holds, I know The Lord already has every detail of my life planned. 

Even though knowing my Lord is in control stills my anxious heart, there is another aspect of finding peace in 2014  that we may all need to consider.  Consider Philippians 3:13,
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do , forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before
 Is there something that you need to forget in order to move forward?  Perhaps a situation or even a particular person that disappointed you in 2013?  On the other hand, is there someone that YOU disappointed last year?  Many of you made commitments to be personally accountable for your Bible/prayer time, and though you had a genuine desire to maintain, you somehow dropped the ball and didn't finish that commitment.  What better time than a new year to start over---brand new!  This is precisely what our verse today means!  Forget about what's done; start fresh right now and keep your commitment to The Lord!

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 1
II Thessalonians 3

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to know that even when we mess up, God gives us a clean start. We should all consider 2014 as a new start for our walk with God and where we messed up.

    ReplyDelete