Friday, October 25th---Guest Writer, Mrs. Lois ormsby


“As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?” ~Psalm 42:10

A couple of months ago I was reading this chapter and was thinking, “Do I really even have enemies?” I mean, think about it, girls – we don’t have enemies like some people do – we don’t have people out to kill us, we don’t get persecuted for following Jesus Christ, and even though there are some people we’d rather not be around, calling such people our enemies would be a strong use of the term.

Then, all at once, it hit me; the Holy Spirit revealed to me that I indeed have real, personal enemies, and it scared me. It truly made me stop and think. The first 3 personal enemies the Spirit showed me that I have are:

       1.  Fear in present circumstances
       2.  Worry over past mistakes
        3Doubt of God coming through
Aren’t those horrible?! Yet, it’s true, those are enemies that I have to fight. Wouldn’t you agree that these things are enemies of my faith in God, my walk with Him, and my contentment in His plan?

I thank the Lord that He showed me what my enemies are – and I pray that I would be proactive against any other enemies I might find I have in difficult days ahead.

Now, ladies – what are your enemies? Read through Psalm 42, meditate on it some, and then comment and list your enemies – make yourself accountable!

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 25
Romans 6

2 comments:

  1. My enemy is not acting like the christian lady I should at times. Verse 10 in psalm 42 had said "where is they God". I don't want anyone to look at me and have to think that about me, my life should reflect it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, great point! Thank you for sharing! You're a blessing to me!

      Delete