Thursday, October 3rd

The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: I Corinthians 7:34
 
 
Mrs. Lois' devotion this week was such a blessing to me and so timely for us all.  She is such a precious part of Lock Haven, and I'm so grateful for her help with this blog.  She talked about dreaming, and joked that most of us have our weddings planned out before we 've even found our prince!  Dreaming is a wonderful thing, girls!  And, I'm so thankful we serve a God Who encourages our dreams.  You can surely rest assured that God is preparing your beloved for you, and it's exciting to think about just who the Lord has for each of you.  But, guard your hearts that you do not succumb to the trap of being in-love with the thought of being in-love.  Does that make sense?  It means that you have a sort-of clouded vision of this flowery, cuddly-feeling when you think about being in-love.  Love is cuddly, and it is passionate.  But, not always.  Pastor spoke Wednesday night about being willing to marry just anybody just for the sake of getting out of the home.  When a young lady makes this mistake, she's ensnared with the thought that "love" will somehow work it all out.  It won't.  Our verse tells us today how to keep our minds in the right frame:  we are to direct our hearts to serving God with everything we have until such a time that the Lord makes it clear that our prince has come.  And, girls, the Lord will NEVER, EVER lead you contrary to Scripture in revealing your mate.  In other words, if Johnny Boy isn't in church, isn't serving God, has no heart for spiritual matters, GOD IS NOT LEADING YOU TO JOHNNY BOY!!  You may "feel" Johnny is the one; you may have that fuzzy feeling (as Pastor says, that's just because you ate too much pizza:-)), but feelings pass.  Emotions change.  Commit yourself to waiting for the right guy, girls.  Don't settle for anything but God's chosen man for you.  Be holy in body and spirit.  And, dream, for your Redeemer will not fail you.
 


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 3
Acts 12

3 comments:

  1. This devotion is now really important to me! I am about to be an adult and getting to the age where any guy I see myself with can potentially be my husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the time comes I am going to try to listen to God's leading on the right man for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm far away from getting married, but I still do need to keep in mind not to rush anything. God has everything planned :)

    ReplyDelete