Thursday, October 31st

In keeping with my commitment to continue our periodic study of modesty, today's devotion will finish the last two points on How to Choose Beautiful Adornment taken from Michelle Brock's book, What is Modesty?  Discovering the Truth.
 
7.)  Recognize that your testimony is important.  As Christians, we represent our Lord.  Is our appearance contradicting the One we represent?
In other words, are we causing others to be repulsed by the thought of having to dress like we do?
 
8.)  Dress appropriately for the tasks at hand.  how you dress when you are at home and not likely to see anyone else may not be a spiritual issue.  However, you may find that you are more productive if you take the time to get ready for your day, instead of staying in your pajamas all day long.
Everybody has those days occasionally, girls, that you don't want to do anything!  You know what I'm talking about...the no make-up, crazy-wild-hair day when all you do is relax and do nothing.  But, that needs to be the exception...not the rule. 
 
In closing, I'll use Mrs. Lois' quote:  Be loyal to the royal within you!
You are a princess...dress like one, act like one, live like one.

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 31
Romans 12

2 comments:

  1. These points are both so good! The 8th point is especially one I find myself needing to check myself in. When I am home it's easy to stay in my comfy clothes! But I find that when I get dressed, do my hair, put some earrings on, I feel much better about my entire day before diving into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, those days when we don't do anything and just stay in pajamas needs to be an occasional thing

    ReplyDelete