Friday, November 1st--Guest Writer, Mrs. Lois Ormsby



“Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? Yet my people have forgotten me days without number.” ~ Jeremiah 2:32

…talk about a convicting verse! When you get ready for school, work, or church, you make sure you have at least some form of jewelry on, right? I am certainly that way; I almost feel naked if I don’t have a pair of earrings on! What about a bride on her wedding day – wouldn’t you think it odd if you saw a bride that forgot to wear her wedding dress on the day of her marriage? These things seem silly to us – yet, that is the example God uses because He is seeking to drive home a huge point in our hearts. We are so careful to tend to the needs of the flesh, yet what does God say? We forget Him “days without number.” How sad, how sobering to think that we hurt God so deeply! Girls, when I was a young teen, I was not faithful to read my Bible every day; though I tried to be, it really was more of a sporadic thing, and if I didn’t read in the morning time, I usually did not remember to read my Bible at all the rest of that day. Then one time at teen camp, a preacher challenged us like this – he compared the Bible to our daily physical food. Obviously we need food to stay alive physically. Likewise, we need the Bible to stay alive spiritually. He said, “You might not get something out of your Bible every day – but reading it every day will keep you alive. It will keep you healthy.” That really convicted me, and since then I have purposed to spend time in God’s Word every day.

One of the reasons Mrs. Kim began the blog-ministry was to help you maintain a faithful walk with the LORD. I know that part of the original instructions were for you to comment on the blog-posts with your thoughts, but also with what you read in the Bible that day. Today I encourage you, girls, to heed to the instructions – not for Mrs. Kim’s sake, not for my sake, but for your own sake --- take time on purpose each day to read God’s Word. (I find that a cup of hot tea pairs beautifully with my Bible reading! Perhaps you’d prefer coffee :) Then, take time to read the day’s blog-post and comment on it accordingly. Accountability is a wonderful thing that God can use to help you grow in your walk with Him!


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 1
Romans 13

2 comments:

  1. I have found this blog to be quite and accountability source. Thank you Mrs. Lois for reminding us how important it is to stay faithful in our Bible reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself forgetting to read my bible everyday, but I have gotten pretty good at it. I have not stayed very accountable to the blogpost, however. This is something I really need to improve on

    ReplyDelete