Friday, September 6th

Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.

Sometimes I wish I could watch all of your faces as you read these quotes that I find!  I love the ones that make us read it over and really consider what is being said.  I had to read the quote for today 4 times before I got it:-)

But, what does this quote have to do with us...with our Beautiful Girlhood ministry?  It is definitely applicable to us, girls, because sometimes in life (well, not sometimes...a lot of times!), things just don't work out like we thought they would.  There are occasions when my best-laid plans have to be set aside because the day just didn't go as I planned.  What did I do?  Quite simply, I had two choices: get mad, pout, throw a fit, etc. or change gears and re-plan.  I make these statements matter-of-factly, but the truth is that by nature, I do not like to step outside the box too much.  I like schedules; I like order.  And, the Lord has had to teach me that to better serve Him, I have to be willing to allow Him to dictate my schedule.  None of you may battle perfectionism, and I hope that's the case because such expectations about life, people, and situations certainly won't serve you well.  Sometimes when life throws you a monkey wrench, you have to have the fortitude and grace to stop, get your bearings, and move on.  But, too often, because it upsets us that we can't always have control, we get bothered.  If we're not careful, we throw an inward temper-tantrum.  We'd never let anybody see it, but in our hearts, we get mad and pout.  Be careful because eventually those inward temper-tantrums are manifested outwardly.

So, dear girls, as the old saying goes, When life gives you lemons.....
Some of you might have been in the service when Pastor Stockton couldn't remember the rest of the saying.  He's so funny:-)  Anyway, he said, When life gives you lemons....umm...make lemon pie??
That works for me.  And for you, make lemonade or lemon pie or lemon candy....but always try to make the best of whatever situations you face knowing that God is in control.  He will use the interrupted schedules, the disappointing situations, and the times when we feel helpless for His glory.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 6
John 7

2 comments:

  1. I don't really struggle with wanting everything to be perfect. But there have been times when I have put so much planning and hard work into something and it just doesn't work out the way I wanted. In these situations I need to let God take control and make my situation the best that it possibly can be even if it isn't how I planned. Today I read Luke 3/ Proverbs 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to be someone that "goes with the flow" but there are times when I do get frustrated when things don't go the way I planned. I need to pray and ask God to help me to not get too bothered when things go different than planned. Friday I read John 7

    ReplyDelete