Saturday, September 14th

The speaker at this weekend's conference gave a 3-part presentation on the "Twelve Steps to Being Beauty-Full".  One of those beauty-regimen steps really spoke to my heart, and I thought I'd share it with you girls. 

 The speaker said this, "Freedom from self is a choice."  She elaborated on what freedom from self means, but basically it is simply giving up your right to demand what you want or think you deserve.  Many times, especially when we are serving God faithfully, we feel like God owes us an explanation of why certain things are being allowed in our lives.  We do not enjoy being made more expressly into the image of Christ through the pressure of the Master's hands at the potter's wheel.  But, in order to serve the Lord more faithfully, we have to be willing to relinquish that.  We need to understand that just as the beautiful song says, "Thou art the Potter; I am the clay...mold me and make me, use me Lord, I pray", so we need to be willing to be shaped and molded.  And, we can't be if we are not yielded; genuinely ready to give up the "me" attitude.  Deep down, I've not ever genuinely considered myself a selfish person; however, I am so keenly aware that I need to be more willing to spend and be spent for the Lord's use.  I need to be more willing to give up what I reserve for "me":  my wants, my desires, my expectation.  We all need to understand that the Lord allows nothing that isn't for our best.  I pray that the Lord will make me more willing for Him to increase and my self to decrease (John 3:30)
May the cry of our hearts be as Paul's in II Corinthians 12:15,

And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you;
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 14
John 15
 


 

2 comments:

  1. I hope and pray the Lord is molding me into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very good passage today. We need to be sure we never question God. Saturday I read proverbs 14 and John 15

    ReplyDelete