Monday, September 9th

Psalm 78:8
And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.

How many times have you heard something like, The generation of teenagers today have no desire for God or spiritual things.  I've heard it myself; in fact, I've SAID it myself.  And, while overall that might apply, there is a reason that your generation, as a whole, is not seeking God.  If you read all of Psalm 78, the writer makes a commitment to not hide all the works that God had done from the upcoming generation (vs 4).  He places the blame on the previous generation and calls them a stubborn and rebellious generation.  Girls, that's what I need to do today.  The reason why your generation is not walking with God is because MY generation, as a whole, did not have our hearts right with God.   We did not follow the God our nation served at its inception.  And, we owe you, your generation, an apology.  It's been said that what you tolerate, your children will embrace, and that's absolutely the truth.  My generation didn't embrace homosexuality, rampant immorality, drug usage, and disrespect to parents, but we did tolerate it.  As a result, your generation not only tolerates unholy living but embraces it and revels in it.  The cycle can stop though, girls.  You can make a difference for your children by refusing agreement with what God says is wrong.  You can be the "I Will" generation.

~I will serve the Lord God with my whole heart.
~I will stand for right in the face of evil.
~I will honor the truths that have been laid out in the Word of God.

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 9
John 10

2 comments:

  1. I want to be the I will generation. With the Lord's help I WILL make a difference. Today I read Luke 5/ Proverbs 9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to be the I will generation. We have become so desensitized to all of the things around us today, and there are things that don't bother us when it really should! Monday I read proverbs 9 and John 10

    ReplyDelete