Tuesday, September 24th

If in the fellowship of service I seek to
     attach a friend to myself,
so that others are caused to feel
    unwanted;
if my friendships do not draw others
    deeper in, but are ungenerous
     (i.e., to myself, for myself)
then I know nothing of Calvary love.
 
If by Amy Carmichael

Church youth groups can be the worst for forming cliques--exclusive groups who leave others out.  In the world, in our schools, this is commonplace, but, this should be anything BUT common in our churches.  I've watched our girls, and I have to be honest that I don't see this very often, but we must be on our guard that it is NEVER the case.  No one visiting Lock Haven should ever feel like there's no place for them here because they don't fit in to any of the cliques.  Instead of forming cell groups, we should be growing together in grace as a whole. 

I don't believe Miss Carmichael is saying that we shouldn't have that one special friend, maybe the one we'd consider our best friend, but that friendship should never, ever make others feel isolated or left out.  Rather, our friendship should draw others to Christ.

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 24
Acts 4

2 comments:

  1. I would hate to make someone feel unwanted and left out, cliques really can be hurtful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. Church should be the one place where people always feel welcome like they always have a place.

    ReplyDelete