Wednesday, September 4th

How many of us have what I call "Eeyore" mentality.  You know what I mean...."Oh, whoa is me...I just can't make it....I know somebody just gave me $10 but now I don't know how to spend it and I hate making decisions and life's just not fair because I shouldn't have to make this decision...." and so on.  Surely you've met someone like that, too??  Seems like no matter what, there's something negative to complain about.  But, girls, we shouldn't be that way!  If we aren't excited about our lives, then why should anyone else want what we have?  And, isn't that the goal?  Aren't we supposed to be acting in such a way to draw others into a relationship with Christ?  If our lives don't reflect a genuine joy...a sincere excitement, then why would anybody in their right mind want the salvation that we proclaim.  I'm not saying that you won't have down times; just the opposite is true.  We have days that we don't want to be happy; we have days that we don't want to talk to people or smile or show excitement.  And, the Lord understands that!  Even King David had discouraging times.  The Psalms are written primarily by David, and document that he had good days and bad---just like us.  But, here's what he prayed when he was discouraged:

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.  Psalm 51:12




Instead of being content under the cloud, David begged God to change his attitude; to give him back the joy in his heart that he knew should be there.

Maybe you're discouraged today.  We've all been, and guess what, we all will be again.  But, instead of being like poor little Eeyore, let's be more like Tigger.  Someone is depending on you to show them joy...real joy, girls.  Will you be the one?

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 4
John 5

2 comments:

  1. Although watching Eyore is amusing I would never want to have that type of personality I am going to pray for others to always see the joy of salvation in my life. Today I read Luke 1/ Proverbs 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like to be that pessimistic person, it's good to be optimistic! Wednesday I read proverbs 4 and John 5

    ReplyDelete