Monday, September 23rd

A couple of weeks back I talked about the way we should pray, and how we should use the example given in Luke 11.  The first thing we should do is praise the Lord!  I gave you some things we ought to be thankful for. Today I'd like for to remind you of the 2nd thing the Lord mentioned in that same passage.

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Luke 11:2.

We ought to be praying that the Lord comes back soon!  Do you pray that way?  Do any of us?  I think it's fair to say that we're all grateful for heaven and for the assurance that we don't ever have to spend a day in hell, but do any of us truly ask the Lord to hasten His return??  I've heard girls say, "Well, I want the Lord to come back, but I want it to be after I have a chance to get married and have children."  The problem is though that when we do get married and have children, then we want the Lord to delay His coming so we can see our children raised and then grandchildren....and on it goes.  The Apostle Paul truly looked for the second coming of Christ and desired it as we all ought to long for it.  In fact, he says,

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21
 
 
Though his whole life was dedicated to living for Jesus, He looked for a day when he'd be with Christ forever.  Do we look for that day with anticipation...with excitement?  I'm convinced though that if we could see only the half of what Christ has prepared for His children, we'd not only long for Christ's return, but we'd beg Him for it...just as He tells us to in Luke.  Through eyes of faith we must press on knowing that He is coming again.  We should be anxiously awaiting...and if we're drawing closer and closer to the Lord, ASKING for Him to return soon for us.
 


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 23
Acts 3

2 comments:

  1. Even though I would like to get married and have kids, that shouldn't keep me from anticipating Him coming back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess I am guilty of asking the Lord to delay his coming till after I have the chance to experience what we call "living." I realize now I was wrong for doing this and I should be looking for Jesus to come soon and I should be excited about it.

    ReplyDelete