Thursday, September 12th

I have tried to never, ever cross the line in our Beautiful Girlhood group of talking about what should be a mom's sacred privilege of discussing with her daughter(s).  And, I hope no one will feel like I have after today's devotion.  But, after reading a Facebook post by someone that none of us knows personally, my heart was burdened.  The initial post was about the lack of concern for the thousands of babies being aborted in America every single day.  The woman who responded (again, I stress that none of us know her) very bluntly stated that everyone was wrong for being pro-life.  She then went into a tirade about Christians condemning her Christianity because of her beliefs about abortion.  She was rude, obnoxious, and very unkind, accusing everyone who disagreed with her of being judgmental.  I'm not sure how the conversation played out; I felt very badly for the young girl who tried to take a Scriptural stand because in effect, she was raked over the coals.  It is not my intent to pound all of you sweet young ladies with Bible until you give in to my way of thinking.  Rather, it is my desire to equip each of you to stand against the wiles of the devil. 

So, exactly why is this woman's "pro-choice" stand wrong Biblically?  Is it wrong for a woman to have a measure of control over what takes place in her own body?  First of all, girls, take note of this statement:  Mrs. Kim is pro-choice: 

 I am for every young lady CHOOSING to be obedient to God in keeping her heart and body pure; 
 
I am for CHOOSING to not allow myself to be in any compromising situation that would dishonor my parents or my God;
 
and, I am definitely for young ladies CHOOSING to give their hearts to their daddies until the Lord brings the right man at the right time into their lives. 

Remember this statement, girls, for it will serve you well in all areas of life, not just the pro-choice/pro-life debate:

Your rights end where someone else's begin. 
 In choosing the world's definition of being pro-choice, one has to agree that a woman's rights are more important than the rights of the human being within her.  And, that is not Biblical.   God is the Creator of life and knows every single human before they are ever born!   

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; Jeremiah 1:5 and
 

 
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; Isaiah 44:24 
 
If He is the Author of life, it is not our place to "choose" whether a life is allowed to exist or not.
 

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 12
John 13

1 comment:

  1. It is not up to us to choose everything. I pray that the choices I do get to make will be God honoring.

    ReplyDelete