Thursday, September 19th

I've always heard if someone will gossip with you, they will gossip about you, but I've never heard one quote I came across today.  He who lies for you will lie against you.  A lot times, especially in our teenage years, we feel like when we cover for someone, we are fortifying the solidity of our relationship.  Sometimes we outright lie to protect a friend from getting in trouble; often we don't tell a straight-up lie, but we don't tell the whole truth.  A half-truth is a whole lie, girls, and, you need to understand now that nobody who is truly your friend will ever expect you to lie for them.  Proverbs 12:19,

The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
 
Do not ever be willing to lie for someone, girls.  It's not a measure of friendship, but rather a measure of your own character.

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 19
John 20

2 comments:

  1. This is a very good point. I hate telling lies, and I should never expect my friends to lie for me. I don't want to put them in that position, and I don't want to be put in that position

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely something I could improve on. Although I know it is wrong I have lied for others in the past.

    ReplyDelete