Monday, September 16th--Guest Writer: Mrs. Lois Ormsby


Hello, girls!  I am excited to participate in this wonderful blog-ministry that Mrs. Kim has put together for you – for us!  We all need accountability – and today, I wanted us to be accountable in the area of thankfulness.

 1 Thessalonians 5:18 – “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”  Being thankful is called being content – not wishing for more things, better clothes, prettier hair :) …contentment is thanking God for what He has already given us.  The Bible says “…be content with such things as ye have…” Hebrews 13:5.  The Bible also says “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.”

 Thanking God for what we have puts a smile on our face.  Thankful people are joyful people!  If we are viewing life with a grateful heart, we’re not constantly complaining and grumbling about the irritations of life on this earth.  And you know what?  Thankfulness is contagious – when we are thankful, we cause those around us to be thankful, too.  A thankful person just seems to put to silence a grumpy soul!
 

Besides thanking God, we should also remember to thank other people for what they do.  Unfortunately, we live in a very ungrateful society where people expect things to be done for them and given to them.  Let us not fall into this same rut; let us be ladies of thankfulness, ever-aware of God’s blessings through those around us!  Decide on purpose to thank the waitress at the restaurant for her service; your Sunday school teacher for his or her lesson; your parents for providing you with what you need; your sister for helping you with the dishes…I think we get the idea! :)

 So – what do you have to thank God for today?  Secondly, who in your life can you thank for something they did today?

 Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 16
John 17

3 comments:

  1. This is very true. So many times we often take for granted the things given to us in life. I need to ask God to help me be more thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a pretty thankful person, but there are some things I tend to take for granted. I pray that God will up help me to become more thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been extremely blessed in my life. My family is healthy, I have food on the table, a house, and a plethora of other luxuries. I know I thank people who do things for me immediately (thanking a waitress, parents, etc), but I need to thank God way more often for everything he has given me because he has been so good!

    ReplyDelete