Wednesday, September 11th




You may remember exactly where you were.  Exactly what you were doing.  Or you may just remember a feeling of profound helplessness as our country was brought to her knees in sadness for the lives lost on September 11, 2001.  Being in a foreign country that day, I can remember watching the news as they flashed picture after picture of the devastation and loss.  I thought, "But, why??"  Looking back, our why's have been answered.  The attacks in New York that day and during every terrorist attack since have been for one simple reason: a profound hatred for the God America has served.  The attacks against Israel are for the same reason.  And, sometimes, it can be so daunting to desire to be filled with the love of Christ, and yet, maintain some form of patriotic loyalty at the same time.  But, we can be both patriotic and Christ-like.  The war against radical extremism is raging, to be sure.  But, we must remember that any religion that seeks to persecute Christianity is not really seeking to destroy Christians as much as it is seeking the destruction of Christ.  Be assured, girls, Christ will NOT be destroyed, and furthermore, Jesus comforts us in Matthew 16:18 with a promise,

...upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
 
In order to have a burden for the souls of a people so wholly given to hatred and evil, we have to keep in mind that Jesus dealt with the same kind of hatred.  He says,
 
Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; John 15:20
 
 
 
 
Girls, may we humbly remember today those brave Americans whose lives were taken suddenly and cruelly 12 years ago; and, may we never forget the grace that God has bestowed upon each of us to have been given a chance to hear the Gospel and serve the true God.
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 11
John 12
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for America! Wednesday I read proverbs 11 and John 12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although my memory isn't very clear of the day 9-11... I have been told. I can not even comprehend how much hate these terrorist had for our country. At the same time I can't imagine all the hate people have for Jesus

    ReplyDelete