Friday, November 29th---Guest Writer, Mrs. Lois Ormsby




I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.”

~ 1 Timothy 2:1, 2


You know that song, “Across the Miles”, that my sister and I sing? Today, I am thankful that there are people who pray for me every day. Every week. Every month. On days when I feel discouraged, hurt, or confused, God reminds me of the people worldwide who are “…lifting my name to the Lord above…”. What an overwhelming, humbling blessing to know that people care enough to pray faithfully for me! It always amazes me to hear the most “random” person say to me, “I pray for you and your family every single night.” That just shocks me! God is just too good to me.

Who in your life prays for you? A mother, a father, a sibling, an aunt, an uncle? “NOBODY prays for me every day,” you might be thinking. Well, think again --- don’t you know that God knows how much each of us need prayer? Don’t you think He could cause “the most random person” to pray for you too? Have you ever thought of the fact that, perhaps some visiting pastor’s wife noticed you when she and her husband happened to be at Lock Haven during their FL vacation time. She might not know your name, but she remembers what you looked like, what kind of spirit you had, and maybe even what you were wearing…and she is praying for you! Girls – don’t think this is not possible! With God, there is no limit to the way He works in people’s hearts to pray for others! Do you know how I know this scenario is very well possible? It is because I do this very thing when I notice certain people in the churches I go to. There are certain people that God burdens my heart for, and I scribble down a note for myself, reminding myself to pray for them. Sometimes it is a single person who I can see could use a really great spouse; sometimes it is a woman who I can see in her face that she is struggling with some really big life issues; sometimes it is a child who has a big heart for God and captures my heart with his/her childlike faith, whit, and enthusiasm. If people care enough to pray for me, it is certainly something I could do for people in return.

So, ladies: today, let us praise God for whoever is praying for us, and then pray for someone that God lays upon our heart!

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 29
2 Corinthians 7

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a humbling thought, to know that someone is always praying for me.

    ReplyDelete