Friday, November 8th

30 Days of Praise

So, you dislike school and don't understand why you have to learn English and math?  You're not alone.  I can remember hating school.  I loved the social part of being in the classroom everyday, but there were times (like during Algebra class!) that I seriously hated being there.  I did not think there would ever come a time in my future that I'd need algebra or chemistry, and it bothered me to be subjected to the monotonous routine.  Sadly, I didn't apply myself as I should have.  I made good grades without even trying, but I look back and see the many wasted opportunities.  I went to a public school for the first 8 years, and then my dad chose to send me to a private academy.  He sacrificed a great deal to offer me a good education, but I didn't use the education to my advantage.  Instead, I lived for the day...for the moment, not realizing that I was squandering a very precious gift.  I didn't realize then that my education was preparing me for the job the Lord had designed me for.  Back then, I hadn't ever heard the word "homeschool", and I surely wasn't thinking at the time that someday I'd be standing before my own little "classroom" trying to explain the fundamentals of Algebra I.  If I had known, I would have listened a little better. 

Everyone of us in this group have the opportunity to study, to learn, and to broaden our horizons.  It's a gift, to be sure, because in some countries, young ladies aren't allowed an education. 
Do these women and young girls look like they're having fun?  How many of them would love the opportunity you have?

Today, thank the Lord that you are given the gift of learning, and never take it for granted.  Do not squander the moment---you never know what kind of job the Lord is preparing you for.

Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. Proverbs 9:9

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 8
I Corinthians 4

2 comments:

  1. Very often I take school for granted. But I am so thankful that I have the privilege to go to school everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people think oh wow, she has it easy she is homeschooled. And in some areas it may be. But I find myself not wanting to sit through Algebra. I hate it. I try and I try and I can never get it. I realize that I should be grateful for all of my education (even algebra). I am going to do my best to try to be grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete