Thursday, November 21st

30 Days of Praise

In a society where the discontented numbers are exploding at staggering rates, it is a rarity to find someone who is comfortable "in their own skin".   Today I'm thankful for who I am in Christ.

Femininity is a gift from our Creator, girls, and certainly nothing to shun or be ashamed of.  Instead of enhancing the soft, gentle qualities of our femininity, we've allowed the ranks of the latest pop-star divas to dictate what is pretty.  As a matter of fact, it isn't even called "pretty" or "lovely" anymore.  Instead, our young ladies desire to be called "hot".  Why?  Because somehow over time and through the influence of the ungodly, we've allowed worldly logic to infiltrate our minds.  We've somehow confused true femininity with an imitation that is bold, brash, and brazen---none of which come from the Lord.

Today, I'm thankful for the assurance that God knows exactly what He's doing.  If He created me as a girl, I can rest in confidence knowing that I am indeed who He made me to be.   Instead of 'swimming upstream' by striving to conform to society or fighting the dictates of my own conscience to be who I WANT to be, I can, by faith, rest in quiet confidence that my Creator is all-knowing and all-providing. 

Thank you, Lord, that I am a lady!  I don't have to be embarrassed because I'm afraid of frogs and lizards!  I need not be ashamed that I can't lift hundred-pound boxes like my husband.  There's no reason for me to feel like I have to compete with a man for I am not one.  I am a lady---wholly and completely different from a man.  I am not inferior but I am different. 

Girls, are you thankful today to be young ladies? 




Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 21
I Corinthians 16

2 comments:

  1. I am so grateful that the Lord made me a girl! There are times when I take for granted like when my hair won't cooperate or I can't decide in what to wear, but I'm still so glad that God made me a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment is so sweet, Sarah - it is wonderful to be a lady!

    ReplyDelete