Saturday, November 30th

30 Days of Praise

Well, girls, today is the end of our challenge to find something new, something often overlooked, to give God praise for.  I have to admit, it's been more of a challenge than I thought it'd be, but I have enjoyed this month.

All of you know that today we will honor Hailey and our soon-to-be-born Skylee with a baby shower.  The theme for the shower is "Precious Moments, Priceless Memories".  For today's praise, I want to thank God for the privilege of memories.  The Lord could have created us without the ability to remember; sure, that would save us some grief, I guess.  There are painful things that are sometimes brought to mind through memories.  But, if we are willing to give up the bad memories, we must also be willing to part with the sweet ones.  If you're like me, you have thousands and thousands of sweet pictures in your mind.  Priceless moments in time that you wouldn't trade for all the gold in the world.  Mrs. Lois and I were talking about some memories she had as a little girl.  One thing Mrs. Lois and I have in common is that our homes burned to the ground when we were about the same ages.  My mama used to cry over lost pictures and cherished personal items.  But, the one thing that the fire couldn't take from her were her memories.  Memories are priceless because they take us back to times that were fun, times that were precious.

Today, we give you thanks, Lord Jesus, that You chose to create us with the ability to live over and over in our minds those little moments that are so special to us. 

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
Lamentations 3:21

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 30
II Corinthians 8

No comments:

Post a Comment