Thursday, November 7th

30 Days of Praise

This morning I woke up, drank clean water, took a hot shower, and put on clean clothes.  I will have plenty of food today, I have a bed with clean sheets to snuggle in, and I have a nice home.  When I opened my eyes this morning, a beautiful sunrise was just beginning.  God's signature was everywhere I looked in the skies.  I began to think of those who would awaken in a country where they'll have no clean water to drink.  They'll not have enough food today, and they'll lay their heads on the cold, hard earth.  They won't get the luxury of a hot bath for their tired bodies, and they'll not be able to change from their already-filthy, torn garments.  If they are sick today, there won't be any comfort of a hot bowl of soup.  If their head hurts, they don't have a bottle of Tylenol to bring relief.  They were not born in America, girls.  They've had no choice is this part of their life.  We, on the other hand, have not been blessed because we are deserving; we do not deserve the great wealth we enjoy any more than any other nation.  But, by God's grace, we were born in a country so rich that we don't know what it's like to do without.  Need some visual aids to remind us of how very, very rich we are?

Take a look.

















None of us woke up like this today. 

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! Psalm 107:8
 

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 7
I Corinthians 3

2 comments:

  1. As Americans we tend to take all of what we have been blessed with for granted. These pictures are heart-breaking and should serve as a reminder to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. America doesn't realize how good we have it!

    ReplyDelete