Tuesday, November 5th

November is a time that, at least for one day, people actually consider the blessings God has bestowed upon them.  The 30 Days of Praise challenge is one that I think will benefit each of us if we are consistent with it.  I'll admit, it's easy to forget and get behind; but, that's just a reminder of how truly ungrateful we've become. 

Yesterday I talked about being thankful for my children and flipped it for the devotion to encourage you to be thankful for your parents.  For today's devotion, I'd like for you to consider your brothers and sisters.  Maybe you only have one sister or one brother; that's not the point.  Have you ever really stopped to consider the vast difference in your life had the Lord not given you siblings? 
Mrs. Kim...you just don't know my brother!  He's annoying, he tells on me all the time, he tries to provoke me....and on and on.  Or maybe it's a bothersome younger or older sister!  She is always taking my things without asking, she does stuff to purposely get on my nerves, she is mama's favorite...  Does any of that sound familiar?  If so, it's probably because I had a little brother and big sisters!  There were plenty of days that I could have plugged my little brother with about a hundred bb's and told the Lord he got chickenpox!  He was always watching over my shoulder, telling me which boys were against his rules, and making me give him my milk money!  Then there was my older sister!  She made me clean the house, beat me up on a regular basis, and always told on me for doing the same thing she did!  So, girls, I understand how unnerving a brother or sister can be.  But, oh, for the sweet joy of having my dear sisters now!  The memories of my troublesome little brother are precious to me.  I think today of how many have lost a sister...a brother to disease or an accident.  Where would you be without the one(s) in your life that God gave to your family as a gift?  Sure, you might be a little less bothered; you might have all your stuff in its place; you might even have some peace and quiet.  But, you'd be lonely.  Lonely and wishful for someone to fill the silent air with sounds of bubbling laughter. 

Thank God today for your brother(s) and sister(s).  Today is a gift with them.  Don't take it for granted.

Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.   Psalm 33:1

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 5
I Corinthians 1

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit my life would be very dull and boring without my siblings. I need to learn to show how truly grateful I am for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life would be completely different if it weren't for my sister, I'm so thankful for her

    ReplyDelete