Sunday, November 10th

30 Days of Praise

Have you ever heard a song or watched a movie or seen a picture that moved you to tears?  Have you ever laughed until your belly hurt?  What about a nagging feeling in the pit of your stomach right before you take that big algebra test?  Have you ever felt that?  All of us have because all of us were born with "emotions".  Our laughter reflects a happy heart; sometimes our weeping pictures the brokenness we feel on the inside.  But, as a human, God created us with what He did not create within animals, plants, and trees. 
 
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; Genesis 1:27
 
We are created in the likeness of God Himself.  We are created with a spirit.  Our spirit is the part of us that can know God; it's also the part of us that thinks and feels.  I'm so grateful today that the Lord created us with emotions!  What an extremely dull life we'd lead if we never smiled...never cried...never laughed...never felt fear.  But, Mrs. Kim, I don't like to cry.  When I'm crying I feel pain, and I don't want to hurt.  No one does!  But, with the ability to rejoice with happiness, we must also accept the reality that we are going to face pain and hurt in this life.  We can build walls that barricade us in our own little bubble, assuring that nothing can hurt us; but, when we do that, we also place a barrier between our spirit and the wonderful joy that is also part of life.  

I'm grateful today for the ability to know joy; to be able to laugh at silly things.  I'm also thankful for the sorrow that I've faced in my life.  I'm thankful that I serve a God who didn't make me a robot but an individual with hopes, disappointments, and expectations.  These are all part of our emotions.  

Thank you, Lord, that today I'm able to "feel" life. 

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 10
I Corinthians 6

2 comments:

  1. These 30 days of praise are really good - thank you, Mrs. Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This another wonderful thing to be thankful for in life!

    ReplyDelete