Wednesday, November 27th

30 Days of Praise

A very special thank you today to Miss Bentley who provided the inspiration for today's devotion.  I've asked each of you to challenge yourself to being grateful to God each day during the month of November for something that is often overlooked.  I've been surprised at some of the responses of my children; I've noticed more blessings in my own life that have gone unappreciated.  Some of the things mentioned this month: paint, embarrassment, and trials, just to name a few.  But, today, I'd like for you to consider your hands.

The word hands is mentioned 438 times throughout Scripture.  We are to work with our hands (Ephesians 4:28, I Cor. 4:12), praise with our hands (I Timothy 2:8), and minister with our hands (Acts 20:34).  Our hands have huge responsibilities!  What if we didn't have hands?  Besides the most obvious disabilities, I think about what I'd miss by not being able to gently trace a baby's cheek with my finger or feel my husbands fingers intertwined with mine.  If I didn't have hands, I wouldn't be less of a person.  The Lord would surely give grace and even more grace to overcome that disability; but, since I have the blessing of having hands, I should most definitely give thanks to be able to work with my hands, praise with my hands, and minister with my hands. 

Hands...thank you, Lord, for another reminder of your goodness and grace in our lives.  
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 27
II Corinthians 6

1 comment: