Saturday, November 2nd

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of thanksgiving. 
W.T. Purkiser

To celebrate Thanksgiving, many have joined the 30-day challenge of finding one new thing each day to be thankful for.  The secret is to honestly considering which blessing you will choose every morning.  This is not about, "Thank God for my family...thank God for my church..."  This is about choosing something specific, something that you normally overlook. 

Today I am grateful that after so many years of being a church-going young lady with no real relationship with the Lord, the Savior did not give up on me.  His grace was extended to me time and time again.  When I mocked His holy name...when I rejected His plan for my own, He continued to draw me by the Spirit of God.  He put people in my path who each planted tiny seeds of the Gospel.  He patiently and lovingly sought for my soul.  When I lashed out and blamed Him for the heartache in my life,  He offered me compassionate comfort. 

I'm thankful today that Jesus loved me when the last thing on my mind was serving and loving Him.  I look back over the path that I could have traveled, and I see it littered with shattered dreams and broken lives; but, by His grace, He faithfully guided and kept me.  And, He's doing the very same thing for you---even right now.

30 Days of Praise...what are you grateful for today?

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
Psalm 100:4


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 2
Romans 14

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to know we have a God who never gives up on us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so very much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete