Tuesday, November 19th

 30 Days of Praise
 
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.  Psalm 34:8
 
Can you imagine how dull mealtime and snacktime would be if we only tasted salty things?  Some of us have a huge sweet tooth, but what if we only had sweet taste buds?  What if all we could taste was the sweet?  Our Creator designed our taste buds to enjoy salty, sweet, bitter, and sour foods.  The Lord created our taste buds for our pleasure!  Particularly during Thanksgiving, I am reminded of the thoughtfulness of our loving Maker.  Can you imagine a Thanksgiving dinner without the spice of the pumpkin pie, the creaminess of the mashed potatoes, the crunchiness of the topping on the green bean casserole, or the dryness of my turkey (lol)?  I am so grateful that we are able to taste and see that the Lord is good.  My God created me for His pleasure---to fellowship with him.   The opportunity to have a personal relationship  with the God of all creation is the most priceless gift that one could ever be given, and the little pleasures He enriches our lives with daily ---like tastebuds---are just added blessings.  He didn't have to design our bodies to find enjoyment in eating.  He designed us this way to bless us and to bring us happiness.
 
It's the little things, girls.  This month, remember the little things.  

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 19
I Corinthians 14

1 comment:

  1. I am very thankful for my tastebuds! I definitely don't take those for granted lol. It is little things like this we need to remain thankful for.

    ReplyDelete