Monday, November 11th

30 Days of Praise

Today is Veteran's Day.  We've chosen as Americans to set aside this day as one that recognizes the sacrifices of our armed forces.  We take for granted that this great land has always enjoyed the freedom and pleasures we've been afforded.  Our freedom has come with a great cost!  Many have sacrificed their lives in battle for American freedom, while others, though they did not die on the battlefield, have devotedly served in one of the branches of our military.  Make no mistake about it: military life is HARD.  It is also voluntary.  Our service men and women are in the military by choice.  It's hard to imagine that anyone would willingly leave family, the comforts of home, and friends to travel to a hot, sandy desert for extended periods of a year or more simply to protect what we value most---freedom.  Where would we be without our military?  We'd be enslaved and in bondage.  We'd be hopelessly fearful of an attack by a stronger country. 

The next time you pledge your allegiance to this great nation, remember the ones who've sacrificed for the privilege of that loyalty.  And, let me just throw one more thing out there: if it's offensive to you to pledge allegiance to the United States of America, there's a bunch of other countries out there---you're not required to remain an American.  People forfeit their American citizenship everyday.  Remember, it's a privilege---not your right.

And the chief captain answered, With a great sum obtained I this freedom. And Paul said, But I was free born. Acts 22:28
 
You and I were like Paul; we were born free, girls.  Thank God for the ones who've given their lives to ensure we remain that way.


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 11
I Corinthians 7

2 comments:

  1. Amen! This is something I am especially thankful for, because my father was born in a different country and became an American long before I was even a thought! Daddy saw the value in being an American in today's society, and I am so thankful that he pursued citizenship here...because of his foresight, it was in this beautiful USA that I was born - thank You, Father, for our country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful that I have had the privilege to grow up in America! I am also grateful for the men and women who risk their lives for this country!

    ReplyDelete