Sunday, November 17th

30 Days of Praise

Forgetfulness.  That's what I'm thankful for today.  Seems kind-of strange, right?  I always laugh when someone says, "Hey, Mrs. Kim, you remember how we did such-an-such two years ago??"  Ummm, well, no, really I don't.  I can hardly remember yesterday, much less two years ago!  I'm being serious; my memory is not very good at all.  But...that's not the kind of forgetfulness I'm referring to.  I'm talking about the way the Lord reaches down and mends my broken heart, and with time, eases the raw, ache that the hurt has caused me.  I can remember during a very difficult emotional pain in my life that I became keenly aware that apart from God's grace, I'd not be  able to forget.  I was confident that I'd be able to forgive---after all, God has forgiven me so very much, how could I not forgive??  But, to forget?  This was beyond what I thought was humanly possible.  Humanly possible, maybe; but, certainly not impossible with my God.  I remember reading a quote that ministered to my anxious heart.  If God can wash the sands of the seashore clean and fresh every day, is it not reasonable that this same God can cleanse my heart and mind, fresh and new every day, helping that ache to be less and less hurtful and debilitating? 
 
 Forgetfulness...yes, I'm so thankful!  Not only that my God forgets my trespasses but that He dulls the memories of the situations that have caused me hurt or grief.    

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 17
I Corinthians 13

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a great thing to be thankful for! I'm so grateful that the Lord is willing to forget all the times I have done Him wrong and allows me to forget the times someone else has done me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I never really considered forgetfulness to be something to be thankful for! It is amazing thought that the grace of God can wash our hearts and minds clear of hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great truth, Mrs. Kim - if God can forget our sin, somehow He can give us the ability to forget others' sins against us!

    ReplyDelete