Sunday, November 3rd

30 Days of Praise--Day 3

Girls, my praise for today isn't applicable to your lives yet---but, I want each of you to understand the plan that God has for a home.   

I'm thankful today for a husband who does his best to emulate the example set forth in the Scriptures.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Ephesians 5:25
 
I guess it'd be fair to say that women are complex and often hard to understand.  Yet, God commands husbands to love their wives.  It's not hard to find multitudes of husbands who don't cherish their wives; it's often painfully obvious with selfishness and pride reigning supremely in homes.  I'm thankful today for a Godly man who always puts himself last and earnestly seeks the best for others.  He is hardworking, sacrificial, and selfless.  With all these precious characteristics, it would be quite easy to elevate him to a position that he neither desires nor is capable of sustaining.  What do I mean, girls?  The relationship I have with Pastor Stockton is one that I pray for each of you girls in your own married lives.  He is the very beat of my heart, and I'm more in-love with him now than I was 26 years ago!  But, I recognize this:  he is who he is by the grace of God.  It is the Lord who deserves the worship for shaping and directing my husband. 


Now, you might be wondering...what in the world does this devotion have to do with me??  Because my heart is for each of you to serve the Lord with a husband who will serve with you, I'm sharing with you a few characteristics that need to be evident in a young man before you seriously consider a lifelong commitment.  And, because you should never "date" anyone you wouldn't marry, be especially careful.

1.)  He needs to love the Lord on his own---meaning, he can't borrow your spirituality.  If he's not spiritual now, don't expect a wedding ring to change that.  Men are commanded to be the spiritual leaders.  If he's not walking with Christ now, he's not going to encourage you in your walk with the Lord.

2.)  He needs to be someone your parents have peace with---meaning, if your parents have any concerns, listen to them!

3.)  He needs to have a genuine work ethic---meaning, he's not afraid to get his hands dirty or sweat to provide for a family.

4.)  He needs to have a healthy respect for the women in his life--meaning, if he's hateful to his mother or some other lady/ladies in his life, you need to be very concerned.

5.)  He needs to have upright moral character---meaning, what does he encourage you to do if he thinks no one will ever find out?

Obviously, this list is not conclusive.  There are certainly other qualities that might apply.  But, I want you to think, girls.  You don't wind up with a wonderful husband by chance. 


Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 3
Romans 15

3 comments:

  1. I am praying right now for when the time comes Gods help in choosing the right man. So that I to can say I have a wonderful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girls, as a married woman, I can attest 100% how important it is to wait for God's man. God DOES have one out there for you; wait for him! These points could not be better said. Write these down and post them in your bedroom as a reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that God will help give me patience when finding the right man

    ReplyDelete