Friday, August 16th

When it comes to making decisions, are you normally indecisive?  Big decisions or small decisions alike can sometimes be very overwhelming.  Likely from fear of making the wrong decision, some will put off making any decision at all.  I've seen girls struggle with a decision as small as which  flavor of ice-cream to choose!  In many ways, I think choosing an ice-cream flavor can be a bigger, more-at-stake judgment call than a huge, life-altering commitment.  Why would I say that??  Surely something as small as ice-cream is not as important as choosing, say, where I go to college or whom I marry!  No, girls, it's not as important a decision, this is true.  But, life-altering decisions are ones that I call value decisions and are not at all hard-to-make once you figure out what your values really are.  The key is figuring out what your values really are, and the Bible holds the answers.  If you are willing to base your judgment in these value decisions on Scriptural precedence--on Biblical value--- you will not struggle very much at all with knowing what decision to make; however, you may fight with your flesh in following through with that decision. 

Make a covenant with the Lord that, by God's grace, you will try to make those value decisions based on Biblical values.  It will relieve you of a great deal of pressure if you are solid in knowing that whatever God says you will do.  In these cases, there's really not a whole lot of decision making to be done.  And, that, dear girls, will leave you free to struggle with all those little decisions---like which flavor of ice-cream to choose:-)

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 16
Luke 10

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with making decisions. No not about ice cream lol. But bigger decisions I find hard to decide. I know now that I should base my decisions on Jesus. Today I read Proverbs 16/ John 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty notorious in my family for being indecisive, but now I know that when I'm trying to make a decision(a big decision) I need to come to God and ask for guidance. Lately I have been thinking a lot about whether or not I want to do the IB program in high school, there are very many pros and cons to it. What I need to do is pray and ask for guidance and let God decide. Friday I read Luke 10 and proverbs 16

    ReplyDelete