Thursday, August 29th

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25
 
 
The word snare means entrapment.  Have you ever seen a trap that has been set for an animal?  The trap is carefully disguised in order to lure the animal to its vices.  When we are afraid of man, we are entrapped.  There are many ways to fear man, but I want to focus on the ways that are most likely to apply to our Beautiful Girlhood group. 
Sometimes we are afraid of what our friends will think of us if we do or don't do certain things or if we dress a certain way.  Being fearful of fitting-in can cause us to say and do things that we know in our hearts are wrong.  But, often we oblige what we know to be wrong because we know that to do opposite would cause ridicule.  This is a type of fear of man.  You would know the term peer pressure better, but the two are synonymous.  We're more afraid of what our friends think...what the "in" crowd thinks than what we know God thinks. And, the really crazy thing is that if we take a look at that in crowd or at the type of people we're trying so hard to impress, we probably don't want our lives to be patterned after theirs anyway.   
 
The Lord, in His compassion doesn't condemn us, girls.  Instead, He gently exhorts us in
 I Peter 3:13-15 to be bold in our stand for Christ,
 
And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
 
 
The fear of man causes bondage; the fear of God brings freedom.
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 29
Luke 23



3 comments:

  1. I have been trying my hardest to not try and fit in and I think I am doing okay with it but I want to be better and have good Godly friends that would lift me up like my church family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit that sometimes I am afraid of what people will think of me if I do something. I really need to work not letting the fear of people to keep me from doing something. Thursday i read proverbs 29 and luke 23

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peer pressure is a hard thing to deal with sometimes. With God's help I am going to say no to it.

    ReplyDelete