Friday, August 30th

It is said that a person is who he really is when he's alone with his thoughts.  According to Proverbs 23:7, it's true. 

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:
 
It is fair to say then that what we are pondering, what we are dreaming about, what we are allowing our minds to dwell upon is what makes us who we really are.  This is one of the reasons that Christians ought not watch soap operas and tv series that are filled with episodes of adultery, fornication, drinking, and cursing.  I know these things to be sin according to Scripture.  Do I think that necessarily watching a television show that features a woman dishonoring her marriage vows is going to make me dishonor my marriage vows?  No, I don't believe any woman lies, steals, or cheats because of a tv program.  However, when I allow these lifestyle choices to permeate my thinking, my Holy Spirit-led convictions become foggy.  And, the longer, the more I consider the world's philosophy, the less I consider God's teachings.  The Lord gives us the answer in Philippians 4:8,
 

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
 
If you want your mind to be pure, you have to think clean thoughts.  And, if you want to have clean thoughts, you can't fill your mind with trash.
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 30
Luke 24
 

2 comments:

  1. to be truthful with you some times I catch my self watching thing that that on television and I need God to help me with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pray and ask God to help keep my thoughts pure, I don't want by thinking to become my doing. Today I read proverbs 30 and Luke 24

    ReplyDelete