Saturday, August 3rd

This week Pastor Stockton used a phrase several times that I've had on my mind:  "all in".  In fact, one of the nights during his message, he went a step further and said something to the effect of "Hog-head all in."  Now, I'm not really sure what the "hog head" had to do with anything, but the phrase "all in" has certainly grabbed my attention.  I've asked myself, "Am I really 'all in'?"  Maybe we ought to all stop a minute and ask ourselves that question.

Am I all in with my service to the King?  Am I all in with my devotion to my family?  What about my church family?  Am I all in there or are there those that I could be kinder to, more understanding with?  You see, if there is hesitation in my heart, I am NOT all-in.  If Christ is my everything, I will be all in.  I will be all in at the church; I will be all in at home; I will be all in with everything I do.  "Well, Mrs. Kim, I am not sure I understand what you mean by being all in."  Just this:  Christ is your all in all.

"For to me to live is Christ,"  Philippians 1:21

I'm not sure that any of us can say we are all in right now or ever will be, but can we with an honest heart say that we want to be?  That's really where being all in starts.  It begins with an attitude of wanting to please the Lord Jesus; to want to live so that He is glorified.

Count me all in.  Now what about you?

Scripture Reading for the Day:

Proverbs 3
Mark 13



1 comment:

  1. "all in" is really A phrase to think about. I need to make sure that I am being devoted to God. Saturday I read proverbs 3 and mark 13

    ReplyDelete