Sunday, August 18th

Have you ever heard someone say, "Oh, I wish I had the willpower to do...."  Whether it be the will to refrain from having that 3rd piece of cake or the determination to keep on track with your Bible reading, many times we get distracted and think it's our willpower that it's in question.  To be honest, most people have way too much will power; it's the won't power that's missing.   In order to avoid that 3rd piece of cake, we must say to ourselves, "I won't be happy with the consequences of overeating."  To keep on track with our devotion time, we need to be willing to say, "I won't put any other thing or person before the Lord."  It's not will power we need; it's won't power.  How do we get this won't power?  Scripture tells us that God will give us the want-to!  In the referenced verse, the Bible tells us that it is God who works in us to will (that is to even want to do it) and then to follow through with the want-to by actually doing what He's asked us to.

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."  Philippinas 2:13
 
 
If you think  you're lacking will power, try asking God for the won't power instead.
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 18
Luke 12


3 comments:

  1. I have never thought of it that way. That is sooo true. I will pray and ask God for the won't power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a great way to look at it. I definitely need more wont power. I read Luke 12 and proverbs 18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... It is kin of min boggling to think of it this way. I am going to pray an ask God to give me the won't power where I lack it. Today I read John 7/ Proverbs 18

    ReplyDelete