Tuesday, August 20th

Every job we do is a self-portrait---almost like our autobiography.  Whether it be doing the dishes, cleaning our room, our school assignments, or a paid position, we are putting our autograph on everything we do.  What does the quality of your work say about your work ethic or even your walk with Christ?  Is it saying, "I'm in a hurry!"  or perhaps, "This will be good enough to get by" or maybe even, "Nobody notices anyway..."?

But, girls, the Scripture is very plain:

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." 
Colossians 3:17
 
 
What has your self-portrait looked like so far today?  Remember, your autograph is  on your work.
 
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 20
 
Luke 14

3 comments:

  1. I have done some things in my life that I wouldn't want my autograph on. I need to work on how I act because I don't want my self-portrait to be bad. I am going to pray and ask God to live a more God honoring life. Tuesday I read proverbs 20 and Luke 14

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I am never known as the girl who doesn't take pride in her work. Also how Christians work is important to. Because I wouldn't want someone to not want Christianity because of my testimony. Read Proverbs 20/ John 9

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to take pride in my work. In order to help others and in order to be more God honoring. I wills strive to do things I would want my autograph on.

    ReplyDelete