Tuesday, August 27th

They say that a goal properly set is already halfway reached.  Likely that is because the hardest thing about growing and moving forward is to identify where you'd like to be in a given time period.  Spiritually speaking, we need to set goals for ourselves.  It's not reasonable to expect yourself to begin by passing out 100 tracts a week, reading 6 chapters in the Bible a day, and praying an hour everyday.  While this objective is commendable, it is not attainable without careful planning and conditioning.  There's no way that I could go out next week and run a 5k marathon.  It would be ridiculous of me to try!  Why?  Because I'm not capable of running a 5k?  No, rather because I have not prepared and conditioned myself to run.  Certainly the results would be embarrassing!  This is what happens to many people in their walks with Christ.  They have wonderful ambition and exciting,fiery zeal for the Lord, but they lack the spiritual conditioning. 

I challenge you to sit down in your devotion time this week and ask yourself where you'd like to be this time next year in your walk with the Lord.  Make yourself an attainable list of goals to help you reach your mark.  If your goal is to be passing out 25 tracts a week on your own by next year, start by setting a mark of 5 tracts.  If you'd like to have a scheduled prayer time, start with 5 minutes.  Keep a journal, and for every day that you meet  your goal, give yourself a star.  You will have days that you don't pass out any tracts; that you get so busy you forget your prayer time; that your Bible goes unread.  But, on those days, don't give up!  Just get back up the next morning and start again.  Remember, a bad day doesn't derail your goals. 

For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again:
Proverbs 24:16
 
You're not a failure until you quit trying:-) 
 
So, let's get busy!  Set yourself some attainable goals and move forward!
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 27
Luke 21

3 comments:

  1. Although I don't have a problem with reading the Bible. I do forget to pray sometimes. By this time next year I would like to be praying more. Today I read Proverbs 26/ John 14

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget to read my bible and I am good at praying I pray every morning on the way to the bus stop or I just do it before I leave. Reason being is because that is my time alone and nobody else is with me at that time. I want by the time of next year to be reading my bible every day and praying more and more every day also passing out tracks with out saying. Hi I am from church here you go and walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been good lately when it comes to reading the bible, but I pray before i go to bed and then I fall asleep before I start to pray sometimes. So I really need to work on making sure I do pray. Tuesday I read proverbs 27 andluke 21

    ReplyDelete