Thursday, August 22nd

"The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do."

I know what you're thinking, "C'mon, Mrs. Kim, can't you give us quotes that we don't have to read and re-read to understand what we're reading?!"  Yes, girls, I could do that...but, it wouldn't be half the fun:-) 

What does it mean to speak two words when one will do?  Simply:  don't dominate the conversation.  Have you ever been in a crowded room and noticed that there was one girl who was the loudest, most dominating of the attention in the room?  I've often used the word boisterous with my own girls, and it just means loud in a rowdy sort-of way.  There's a difference in being outgoing and being obnoxious, and as young ladies we ought never be obnoxious.  There's nothing wrong with laughing and joking; nothing at all.  But, we need to be careful that in our tone, in our words themselves, and in our behavior we aren't seeking to be the center of attention.  That is the total opposite of how the Lord would like for young ladies to behave.

"But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." I Peter 3:4
 
 
 
A meek and quiet spirit isn't a wallflower either, girls.  It's not a young lady that never opens her mouth.  A meek and quiet spirit is the picture of humility---an attitude of the heart that is seeking to draw others to Christ and not to one's self.
 
 
Have a wonderful day, girls!
 
Scripture Reading for the Day:
 
Proverbs 22
Luke 16

3 comments:

  1. Totally true. Never want to be one of those "annoying" girls who are so lou it's embarrassing. Today I read Proverbs 22/ John 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to be sure that I am not obnoxious. Because, I often am the loud one in the room and I definitely don't want to cross over that line and draw negative attention to myself for being outgoing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, its annoying whenever a girl always wants to draw attention to herself. Thursday I read proverbs 22 and luke 16

    ReplyDelete